Often the terms Strategy and Plan get linked together as in “Strategic Plan”.
Let’s be clear, a strategy is ‘what’ you are going to achieve and in this case needs to be integrated with your over-arching organisation’s strategic objectives.
Understanding how your external messaging through main-stream or specialist media can help you achieve your organisation’s goals is the first step to developing a successful media strategy. The strategy articulates what you want to achieve – your Media Plan is how you get there.
Your Strategy needs to consider a number of things including
- What are we trying to achieve?
- How does this align or reinforce the organisations over-arching strategic goals?
- Consistent key messages
- Audience (target audience)
- What else is happening around your issue/project
- Other risks
- Is it news?
- Consistency of message with other communications -particularly internal communications
- How will we know we have succeeded?
Your Plan needs to detail
- The right media to target – channels and platforms to align with your target audience
- Media organisations including on-line
- Other social media options
- Contacts and relationships
- Timelines and responsibilities
- Leverage of other above and below line promotions and advertising
- Specific measures
Integrate Communications has developed a number of successful media strategies which have strengthened brand value, increased sales or patronage over time and facilitated on-going good relationship building with media.
Our aim is to leave a legacy of imbedded processes and systems that leave your organisation with the tools and knowledge to better manage and integrate your on-going media strategy with you overall company strategic objectives.
About This eBook
Dealing with the media is not rocket science – but there are pitfalls for the unwary. A quick read of this book will stop you from making some frequent basic mistakes. Protecting and building your brand – and personal brand, is worth the investment.
Like Us On Facebook
- Skinnyfish Music celebrates 20 years of powerful voices May 18, 2019Dr Gurrumul Yunupingu, Saltwater Band, Lonely Boys and B2M are just a few of the names associated with Skinnyfish Music, the independent label that put Northern Territory music on the world map.
- Commercial aircraft at risk of 'misidentification' by Iran military, US warns May 18, 2019United States diplomats warn commercial airliners flying over the Persian Gulf risk being targeted by "miscalculation or misidentification" from the Iranian military amid heightened tensions between the Islamic Republic and the US.
- Brakes not used before fiery Russian plane crash that killed 41, report says May 18, 2019The crew of a Russian airliner that caught fire while making an emergency landing, killing 41 people, had not deployed the plane's air brakes, a report by the country's civil aviation authority has found, according to a state news agency.
- Tesla running on empty as Elon Musk warns there's only 10 months of cash left May 18, 2019In an email to staff, the Tesla chief executive says there needs to be "hardcore" changes to the company's spending habits or it risks burning through the $3.9 billion it raised in a stock offering.
- A look at the bizarre new Notre Dame designs and why architects think they’re a bad idea May 17, 2019For the first time in more than a century, architects will be given the opportunity to substantially alter Paris's Notre Dame which has withstood centuries of political, social and environmental change.
- No tweets available at the moment.