Often the terms Strategy and Plan get linked together as in “Strategic Plan”.
Let’s be clear, a strategy is ‘what’ you are going to achieve and in this case needs to be integrated with your over-arching organisation’s strategic objectives.
Understanding how your external messaging through main-stream or specialist media can help you achieve your organisation’s goals is the first step to developing a successful media strategy. The strategy articulates what you want to achieve – your Media Plan is how you get there.
Your Strategy needs to consider a number of things including
- What are we trying to achieve?
- How does this align or reinforce the organisations over-arching strategic goals?
- Consistent key messages
- Audience (target audience)
- What else is happening around your issue/project
- Other risks
- Is it news?
- Consistency of message with other communications -particularly internal communications
- How will we know we have succeeded?
Your Plan needs to detail
- The right media to target – channels and platforms to align with your target audience
- Media organisations including on-line
- Other social media options
- Contacts and relationships
- Timelines and responsibilities
- Leverage of other above and below line promotions and advertising
- Specific measures
Integrate Communications has developed a number of successful media strategies which have strengthened brand value, increased sales or patronage over time and facilitated on-going good relationship building with media.
Our aim is to leave a legacy of imbedded processes and systems that leave your organisation with the tools and knowledge to better manage and integrate your on-going media strategy with you overall company strategic objectives.
About This eBook
Dealing with the media is not rocket science – but there are pitfalls for the unwary. A quick read of this book will stop you from making some frequent basic mistakes. Protecting and building your brand – and personal brand, is worth the investment.
Like Us On Facebook
- 'It didn't kill them': Barbra Streisand apologises for remarks against Michael Jackson's accusers March 24, 2019Barbra Streisand apologises for her remarks about Michael Jackson and two men who have accused him of sexual abuse, saying she should have chosen her words more carefully.
- Melbourne commuters can ditch their Mykis and use their mobiles — but there's a catch March 24, 2019Victorian public transport users will be able to put away their Myki cards and tap on using their smartphones, but only if they use Android, as the Government has yet to come to an agreement with Apple.
- Cruise ship stranded off Norway being towed to shore as 'traumatised' passengers hospitalised March 23, 2019Hundreds of holidaymakers aboard a stricken cruise ship off the coast of Norway are being towed to shore after the vessel sent out a mayday signal, while those with injuries have been airlifted to safety.
- 'We need answers': Families brace for Esperance fires inquest March 23, 2019Four years after a farmer and three farm workers perished in bushfires, questions remain. But locals are hoping some good comes out of an inquest starting on Monday.
- 'The last ones standing': Will digital disruption spell the end of the comic book store? March 23, 2019An independent Brisbane comic store hoped to promote local artists but four years on the business is buried in debt — the latest in a string of comic shops across the country to close their doors as a "tsunami of digital disruption" makes survival difficult.
- No tweets available at the moment.