Often the terms Strategy and Plan get linked together as in “Strategic Plan”.
Let’s be clear, a strategy is ‘what’ you are going to achieve and in this case needs to be integrated with your over-arching organisation’s strategic objectives.
Understanding how your external messaging through main-stream or specialist media can help you achieve your organisation’s goals is the first step to developing a successful media strategy. The strategy articulates what you want to achieve – your Media Plan is how you get there.
Your Strategy needs to consider a number of things including
- What are we trying to achieve?
- How does this align or reinforce the organisations over-arching strategic goals?
- Consistent key messages
- Audience (target audience)
- What else is happening around your issue/project
- Other risks
- Is it news?
- Consistency of message with other communications -particularly internal communications
- How will we know we have succeeded?
Your Plan needs to detail
- The right media to target – channels and platforms to align with your target audience
- Media organisations including on-line
- Other social media options
- Contacts and relationships
- Timelines and responsibilities
- Leverage of other above and below line promotions and advertising
- Specific measures
Integrate Communications has developed a number of successful media strategies which have strengthened brand value, increased sales or patronage over time and facilitated on-going good relationship building with media.
Our aim is to leave a legacy of imbedded processes and systems that leave your organisation with the tools and knowledge to better manage and integrate your on-going media strategy with you overall company strategic objectives.
About This eBook
Dealing with the media is not rocket science – but there are pitfalls for the unwary. A quick read of this book will stop you from making some frequent basic mistakes. Protecting and building your brand – and personal brand, is worth the investment.
Like Us On Facebook
- 'Tonight is for Kobe': Tears and tributes at Grammy Awards January 27, 2020Kobe Bryant's death casts a shadow over the Staples Centre in Los Angeles, home of his beloved LA Lakers basketball team, where the Grammy Awards are currently underway.
- 'Bullying' insurance middlemen targeting bushfire victims January 26, 2020The financial complaints watchdog is warning victims of the recent bushfires about potentially dodgy "middlemen" offering to broker quick payouts with insurance companies.
- Chiune Sugihara saved more people than Schindler. Linda wants the world to know January 26, 2020Linda Royal's family escaped the Holocaust under true, incredible circumstances — but she's choosing fiction to get their saviour's story out into the world.
- Do you love Bali? There's about to be 10 more of them January 26, 2020A million Australians head to Bali every year, so Indonesia's Government has put together an ambitious new plan to develop 10 other idyllic beaches, mountains and historic towns into your next holiday destination.
- Ground gave way under loader before Henty miner was buried, union says January 26, 2020New details come to light about how tragedy struck a mine worker on Tasmania's west coast — and who was working with him at the time.
- No tweets available at the moment.