Often the terms Strategy and Plan get linked together as in “Strategic Plan”.
Let’s be clear, a strategy is ‘what’ you are going to achieve and in this case needs to be integrated with your over-arching organisation’s strategic objectives.
Understanding how your external messaging through main-stream or specialist media can help you achieve your organisation’s goals is the first step to developing a successful media strategy. The strategy articulates what you want to achieve – your Media Plan is how you get there.
Your Strategy needs to consider a number of things including
- What are we trying to achieve?
- How does this align or reinforce the organisations over-arching strategic goals?
- Consistent key messages
- Audience (target audience)
- What else is happening around your issue/project
- Other risks
- Is it news?
- Consistency of message with other communications -particularly internal communications
- How will we know we have succeeded?
Your Plan needs to detail
- The right media to target – channels and platforms to align with your target audience
- Media organisations including on-line
- Other social media options
- Contacts and relationships
- Timelines and responsibilities
- Leverage of other above and below line promotions and advertising
- Specific measures
Integrate Communications has developed a number of successful media strategies which have strengthened brand value, increased sales or patronage over time and facilitated on-going good relationship building with media.
Our aim is to leave a legacy of imbedded processes and systems that leave your organisation with the tools and knowledge to better manage and integrate your on-going media strategy with you overall company strategic objectives.
About This eBook
Dealing with the media is not rocket science – but there are pitfalls for the unwary. A quick read of this book will stop you from making some frequent basic mistakes. Protecting and building your brand – and personal brand, is worth the investment.
Like Us On Facebook
- The tiny Victorian town that's powering all of Melbourne's trams July 20, 2019More than 300,000 panels will power Melbourne's entire tram network from a massive solar farm sitting on 500 hectares of land near a sleepy community in the north of the state.
- Melbourne's urban sprawl got growth wrong and it's spreading to regional areas July 19, 2019A prominent urban researcher warns that Ballarat is heading towards a "social disaster" unless it can curb urban sprawl.
- Meet the Australians being matched to millions of dollars July 19, 2019There has been laughter and hugs as people in outback Australia discover millions of dollars in superannuation they did not know they had.
- US retail giant denies Xinjiang factory makes their clothes despite video, satellite evidence July 19, 2019The ABC obtains video footage showing a factory in China's Xinjiang region making clothes for one of America's biggest retailers — but the company in question claims the footage has been "spliced".
- Tall poppy syndrome holding gifted students back, experts say July 19, 2019Education experts say Australian education policies favour poor performing students at the expense of the most gifted.
- No tweets available at the moment.