Often the terms Strategy and Plan get linked together as in “Strategic Plan”.
Let’s be clear, a strategy is ‘what’ you are going to achieve and in this case needs to be integrated with your over-arching organisation’s strategic objectives.
Understanding how your external messaging through main-stream or specialist media can help you achieve your organisation’s goals is the first step to developing a successful media strategy. The strategy articulates what you want to achieve – your Media Plan is how you get there.
Your Strategy needs to consider a number of things including
- What are we trying to achieve?
- How does this align or reinforce the organisations over-arching strategic goals?
- Consistent key messages
- Audience (target audience)
- What else is happening around your issue/project
- Other risks
- Is it news?
- Consistency of message with other communications -particularly internal communications
- How will we know we have succeeded?
Your Plan needs to detail
- The right media to target – channels and platforms to align with your target audience
- Media organisations including on-line
- Other social media options
- Contacts and relationships
- Timelines and responsibilities
- Leverage of other above and below line promotions and advertising
- Specific measures
Integrate Communications has developed a number of successful media strategies which have strengthened brand value, increased sales or patronage over time and facilitated on-going good relationship building with media.
Our aim is to leave a legacy of imbedded processes and systems that leave your organisation with the tools and knowledge to better manage and integrate your on-going media strategy with you overall company strategic objectives.
About This eBook
Dealing with the media is not rocket science – but there are pitfalls for the unwary. A quick read of this book will stop you from making some frequent basic mistakes. Protecting and building your brand – and personal brand, is worth the investment.
Like Us On Facebook
- The nature of work is changing, so how do you adapt to an economy in transition? December 9, 2019South Australians are well aware of the phrase the "valley of death". Some are leaving the state for new opportunities, while others are learning to adapt to the changing job market.
- ACCC suing state-owned port operator over 'misuse of market power' December 9, 2019The competition watchdog begins legal proceedings against Tasmania's ports operator, alleging it tried to keep a competitor out of the only port it did not control by using "anti-competitive" tactics — which, if proven, could result in tens of millions of dollars in fines.
- Retirees lose life savings as motorhome company collapses owing millions December 9, 2019Grey nomads are among scores of people who have lost tens of thousands of dollars after the collapse of a motor home dealer and conversion company.
- Software glitch causes continuous Telstra call drop outs in regional areas December 9, 2019Hundreds of regional Telstra customers are complaining about phone calls dropping out several times a day and calls not connecting due to a software glitch.
- Fresh produce, seafood unable to go through bushfire hit roads to Sydney consumers December 9, 2019Tomatoes, strawberries and fresh seafood could spoil in sheds, unable to get to Sydney consumers, as the Currowan fire blocks South Coast highways.
- No tweets available at the moment.